De-Coat / Screenstrip is a water soluble crystal for the removal of all photosensitized emulsions
- Can be used on all types of mesh.
- Has no reaction with hard water, thus avoiding inactive sediment.
- Highly economical – supplied as an easy soluble powder.
- Strip Powder:
Dissolve the contents of a 100g. sachet in 10 or 5 ltrs of water in a
plastic bucket to obtain either 1% or 2% strength liquid
solution. A 1% strength solution is ideal for general use. The 2%
solution may be required for removing old or particularly resistant
- Ensure that the screen is completely free from ink residues.
- Wash both sides of the screen with Ghost Image Remover until all traces of ink have been
removed and the stencil has regained its original colour.
- Pressure wash both sides of the screen to remove Ghost Image Remover
- Apply Strip solution to both sides of the screen.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes; if necessary apply more Strip
solution. Do not allow the solution to dry in the screen as this may
fuse the emulsion to the mesh and make decoating very difficult.
- Remove the stencil using a high pressure water gun.
- With some old and very stubborn stencils, decoating may not be
entirely complete at this stage. In such cases, wash the stripping
solution off the screen, re-apply as from step 5.
Keep container dry. Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Keep away from combustible material Do not
breathe dust. Never add water to this product In case of insufficient ventilation, wear suitable respiratory equipment If you feel
unwell, seek medical attention and show the label when possible. Avoid contact with skin and eyes Keep away from incompatibles
such as reducing agents.